Magpie Buy 2 Pies and stand
a chance to win a fan competition
Terms and Conditions
1. Important Notice:
1.1 These terms and conditions contain certain terms and conditions which (i) may limit the risk or liability of the promoters or a third party, (ii) may create risk or liability for you; and/or (iii) may compel you to indemnify RFG Foods (Pty) Ltd or a third party; and/or (iv) may be an acknowledgement of any fact by you.
1.2 You acknowledge that by participating in the promotion, you have been given an appropriate opportunity to first read and understand these terms and conditions before participating in the promotion and you agree to them.
1.3 Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to or must be understood to unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any rights or obligations created for either the participant or the promoter in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 (“the CPA”).
2. This competition is organised by RFG Foods (Pty) Ltd (Registration No: 2012/074402/07 (“Organizer”).
3. The competition commences on 00:01, 25th October 2021 and ends at 23:59 on 26th November 2021. No entries will be accepted outside of this period.
4. You will only be eligible to enter this competition if:
4.1 you are a natural person over the age of 18 at the date of purchase.
4.2 you are a South African resident;
4.3 it is not unlawful to supply the prize to you in terms of any legislation or public regulation and the Organizer reserves the right to require proof that it will not be unlawful to supply same to you.
5.To participate in this competition:
5.1 Purchase any 2 qualifying Magpie pies from a participating store to participate in the competition by writing your name and contact number on the back of your till slip and place in the entry box provided.
5.2 Participants may participate as many times as they wish provided that each participation is associated with a separate purchase.
5.3 Only the original purchaser of the product is entitled to use such purchase to participate.
5.4 Purchases made outside of the competition period do not qualify.
5.5 The Organizers and their associated partners, agencies, and suppliers are not liable for any technical failure that may result in any promotional purchase not being successfully concluded.
5.6 The Organizer and their agents accept no responsibility for difficulties experienced in submitting an entry to the promotion.
5.7 Qualifying products are as follows:
5.7.1 Any 2 Magpie pies.
6. The Prize:
6.1 Entrants stand a chance to win a Condere 20 “ Floor Fan. 50 winners will be drawn at the end of the competition.
6.2 Any costs or expenses incurred in respect of items not specifically included in the prize are for the winner’s own account. The Organizer and its associates, if applicable, will not be responsible for any other expenses which the winner may incur as a result of their acceptance of the prize, whether foreseen or not.
6.3 To the extent that any taxes, duties, levies or other charges may be levied on the giveaway by the government or any other competent government or regulatory body, the participant will be liable therefore, and the Organizer will not increase the value of the giveaway to compensate for such charges.
6.4 The promotion is not transferable and may not be deferred, changed or exchanged for cash or any other item. The Organizer reserves the right to alter the giveaway for something of comparable commercial value.
7. Promotion Claims:
7.1 Winners will be contacted within two (2) days of the draw having taken place. If the winner cannot be contacted telephonically within a period of three (3) consecutive business days, the Organizer reserves the right to disqualify a winner and randomly select a replacement winner from the competition entries – a minimum of 6 contact attempts will be undertaken. In such circumstances, the replacement winner will be contacted telephonically. If the replacement winner cannot be contacted within the same time constraints, the prize will be forfeited back to the promoters and no further winners shall be selected.
7.2 Winners who are successfully contacted telephonically will be taken through the process of collecting their prize.
7.2.1 Winners will be required to submit the following:
• Personal details, including full name
• A copy of their SA ID Document
Failure to complete this process within five (5) working days will result in the winner forfeiting the prize and the prize being awarded to a runner up.
Successfully verified winners will receive their prize as per agreed telephonically.
7.3 A successful prize claim will be subject to the winner being successfully verified. Verification includes, but is not limited to, checks being undertaken to ensure the winner is not an employee of the Organizer, as well as that the products purchased in connection with the winning entry were not returned and/or were paid for by the winner.
7.4 The Organizer reserves the right to reclaim any prize if a breach is subsequently discovered.
7.5 The Organizer reserves the right to carry out reasonable due diligence to confirm eligibility and help ensure that the use of any such person in advertising or publicity for the Promotion will not bring the Organizer or any of the Organizer’s brands into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavourably on the Promotion as determined by the Organizer in its sole discretion.
7.6 The Organizer may refuse to award the prize to a participant if there is suspicion of any irregularities or fraudulent activities.
8. The winner may be required to take part in publicity and participation in the competition is conditional on you agreeing to take part in such publicity. The winner will not be entitled to any remuneration for taking part in such publicity. All and any materials, including publicity materials, are the sole property of the Organizer.
9. Winners names will be published on the Organiser’s website and social media platforms, winners are entitled to withhold their consent in this regard. In such circumstances where this consent is withheld, the winner will be identified in winner announcements solely by their initial and surname with no location info being included to satisfy the requirement of anonymity.
10. Should you win the prize, you undertake to expeditiously do all things necessary to enable the promoters to comply with their obligations under the CPA.
11. The Organizer reserves the right to vary, postpone, suspend, or cancel the competition and any prize (if it has not yet been subject to a draw), or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which the Organizer reasonably deems necessary. In the event of such termination, all participants agree to waive any rights that they may have in terms of the promotional competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the promoters, their advertising agencies, advisors, suppliers and nominated agents.
12. In the event of a dispute, the decision of the Organizer and its agency is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. If the winner fails to comply with any of these rules or the terms of acceptance of the prize, this will be construed as a rejection of the prize and then, without prejudice to any other remedy which the Organizer and its associates may have, the winner will be automatically disqualified and will forfeit the prize.
14. You further accept and give the Organizer the right to transfer, where applicable, your personal information:
14.1 to any of its third parties for the purpose of processing the information which shall accord with the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (POPI); and
14.2 outside of South Africa, such transfer shall conform with the provisions of POPI.
15. The Organizer does not sell or rent personal information about individual members to third parties. We may, however, disclose personal information in response to a specific request by a law enforcement agency, subpoena, court order, or as required by law.
17. The laws of South Africa govern these terms and conditions and participants agree to be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the South African courts.
18. The Competition shall comply with, and will be subject to, any peremptory provisions of the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008 (“CPA”) and the regulations promulgated thereunder, which are deemed to be incorporated herein (“Peremptory Provisions”). In the event of any conflict between these Rules and the Peremptory Provisions, the latter shall prevail. Copies of the CPA and the regulations promulgated thereunder are available on the Department of Trade and Industry Website: http://www.thedtic.gov.za/
19. Any provision of these Rules or the Competition which is held to be invalid or unenforceable shall be ineffective to the extent of such invalidity or unenforceability without invalidating or rendering unenforceable the remaining provisions thereof.
20. These terms and conditions are subject to change without notice, from time to time at our sole discretion.