TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. This competition is organised by Rhodes Food Group (the “Organisers”) and is open to all South
African citizens residing in the Republic of South Africa – (a valid South African identity
document is required), except directors, members, business partners, employees, sales agents,
advertising agency staff, advisors or consultants of the Organisers, its associated companies,
service providers and the immediate family members of all the foresaid (including, but not
limited to, spouses, life partners, parents, children, brothers and sisters).
2. This competition is open from the day the kit is placed in the store and will run until stocks last.
Any entries received after the depletion of the prize stock will not be valid and not be considered.
3. By entering the competition all participants and prize winners agree to be bound by terms and
conditions of the competition, which will be interpreted by the Organisers in their sole, absolute
and unfettered discretion.
4. The competition will be overseen and certified as set out in the Regulations to the Consumer
Protection Act of 2008 of South Africa where after the Organisers’ decision regarding all matters
relating to the competition will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
5. To enter the competition, the participant must follow the instructions in the allocated stores, in
which case they will be eligible for the lucky draw to stand a chance to win.
6. Once the winner has been selected, results are final.
7. The participant may enter as many times as he or she wishes but only 1 entry per transaction will
be allowed. For example, one transaction of any 2 Magpie pies will allow for 1 entry to stand a
chance to win.
8. The Organisers reserve the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any
participant who submits an entry that is in breach of these terms and conditions. Failure by the
Organisers to enforce any of their rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
9. The prize to be won in terms of this competition will be randomly selected by individual
facilitating the transaction.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to request that images taken of the winner or staff be used for
publicity purposes in any manner they deem fit, without any further remuneration being made
payable to the winner, which request the winner may decline.
11. Some or all of the winners of the competition may be invited to endorse, promote and/or advertise
the products of the Organiser, which would allow the Organiser and its representatives to
photograph and film the winner for promotional purposes related to the competition and the
relevant products, without payment or additional compensation for a period of 12 months
determined as from the start of the competition. It is recorded that the winner(s) has/have the right
to decline such an invitation.
12. The Promoter shall have the right to terminate the competition immediately and without notice
for any reason beyond its control requiring this. In the event of such termination, all participants
agree to waive any rights that they may have in terms of this promotion and acknowledge that
they will have no recourse against the Promoter, its agents and staff.
13. Participation in the competition constitutes acceptance of the competition rules and entrants agree
to abide by the rules.
Again, for promotions with media partners:
Participation in the competition constitutes acceptance of the competition rules and entrants agree to abide by the rules. The Magpie Brand, Rhodes Food Group, and its agents accept no responsibility for any problems or technical malfunction of any communication network or any late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible or corrupted entries. Rhodes Food Group, the media partner and its agents are not liable for any costs incurred, responses received or any other consequences of user error.